- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapeño chile pepper, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufch¿¿tel), softened and cut into cubes
- 2 slices regular bacon or turkey bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and salt. Arrange chicken, bone sides down, in a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with drained jalapeño pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Transfer chicken and jalapeño pepper to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover chicken and keep warm.
4. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Add cream cheese, whisking until combined. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with bacon.
- Servings Per Recipe 6 servings
- Total Fat (g)11,
- Saturated Fat (g)6,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g)3,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1,
- Cholesterol (mg)143,
- Sodium (mg)489,
- Carbohydrate (g)5,
- Total Sugar (g)1,
- Fiber (g)1,
- Protein (g)49,
- Vitamin C (DV%)10,
- Calcium (DV%)8,
- Iron (DV%)9,
- Very Lean Meat (d.e.)7,
- Fat (d.e.)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet